As we approach the end of the year most of the individual championships have a result.
As members have to take part in a Club event during the year the awards do not necessarily go the highest points scorer.
MARSHALLING points for late events need to be claimed for so please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
AUTOSOLO was the most contested with a total of 39 competitors taking part and the result went right down to the last event and even then we had to do a count back down to 2nd places to get a winner so congratulations go to Kieran Belcher for pipping Haydn Marks at the post.
ROADSPORT finished with Toni Dwornik taking the drivers honours and Brian Cammack lifting the Navigators award for the 5th year in a row.
TARGA RALLY had a new name as top driver with Ben Rogers just beating Simon Ayris by 1 point [fortunately for both the last CMSG Roadsport 12 Car was not a qualifying round] and Dick Hall taking the navigators award. Equal on points with Katie Bleach and Simon Phillips, both with only one event attended Dick took the honours by the number of events entered.
GRASS AUTOSOLO was a bit of a disappointment with only one of the three rounds we had planned taking place however Haydn Marks was top driver.
TARMAC STAGE RALLYING was still on a knife edge with one round to go. After losing two late rounds we have put in a replacement at the end of the year – the Mini-Tempest Rally during the Christmas break.
Would it be Lucy Wigley or Kevin Belcher taking the honours?
Kieran Belcher looks to be taking the Co-Driver award.
A new name to the stage rally championship Tim Green co-driven by son Ollie in a Subaru Impreza took the OMC win [14th O/A] but oh so closely followed by Lucy who, after 8 stages, was just 2 seconds behind in her Citroen C2 [15th O/A].
The gap between these two had started at 17 seconds and hovered around 30 seconds for most of the day until Stage 7 where Lucy closed to within 16 seconds and after dramatic final stage where Tim suffered a puncture the gap went down to just 2 seconds.
This confirmed Lucy as the winner of the 2021 OMC Tarmac Stage Rally Championship
Kevin and Kieran in the Peugeot 205 took the third OMC place which gave Kevin runner up place in the Championship and confirmed Kieran as top co-driver. Another new name to his year’s rounds was Dave Barbara taking fourth OMC place in his Alfa Romeo 33
Here is the list of all category and award winners for 2021.
- JOHN BLACKWELL The Jubilee Cup for Marshal of the Year
- SHIRLEY BLACKWELL The Boanerges Cup for Best Lady Member
- ETHAN PHILLIPS The Under 21 Trophy
- JOHN BLACKWELL The Macclesfield Trophy for best Non-Competitive
- TONI DWORNIK Road Sport Driver
- BRIAN CAMMACK Road Sport Navigator
- BEN ROGERS Targa Rally Driver
- DICK HALL Targa Rally Navigator
- LUCY WIGLEY Stage Rally Driver
- KIERAN BELCHER Stage Rally Co-Driver
- KIERAN BELCHER The Davis Cup for best Autosolo Driver & the OMC Autosolo Trophy for best OMC Autosolo Driver
- HAYDN MARKS Grass Autotest Driver
- ETHAN PHILLIPS Best ‘Other Club Motorsport Events’ Driver
- SIMON PHILLIPS Best ‘Other Club Motorsport Events’ Navigator
- BRIAN CAMMACK The Wilfred Matthews Trophy for Best Expert Road Rally Navigator
- SIMON PHILLIPS The Wootten Trophy for Best Navigator on ‘Other Club Motorsport Events’
- SIMON PHILLIPS The Motivation Cup for Best Club Competitor
Breakdown of the points for each award: 2021 Final Points Spreadsheet